Measures regarding the epidemiological situation
Measure of the Dean of the Faculty of Science of MU No. 1/2020
Measures regarding the epidemiological situation.
In accordance with Art. 28(1) of Act No. 111/1998 Sb., on Higher Education Institutions and the Modification and Amendment of Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as subsequently amended (hereinafter referred to as the "Higher Education Act"), I hereby issue this directive:
(effective as of 15th March 2020)
Student´s presence within the premises of the Faculty of Science.
(1) I am cancelling all forms of direct contact instructions. The cancellation of teaching applies to all forms of studies and all forms of direct contact teaching, consultations, exercises, student work in laboratories, all types of examinations (including state examinations) and defense of final theses.
(2) Where possible, the course guarantors shall allow students to study using electronic materials or use distance learning. Teachers can determine alternative non-contact way of realization of teaching and the fulfillment of ongoing study requirements.
(3) Individual examinations and individual consultation may be permitted only in exceptional cases where these cannot be delayed, or other means of communication are not possible. The exceptions shall be granted by the Vice-Dean for Student affairs in case of Bc. and Mgr. students and Vice-Dean for science, research, foreign relations and doctoral studies for doctoral students.
(4) The business hours of the Student affairs and Doctoral Studies Departments are cancelled. Visiting these workplaces is possible in exceptional cases and only after making an appointment.
Measures regarding travels abroad for students and employees
(1) All business trips abroad, including departures for a stay abroad within the Erasmus program, internships, and other work stays, are cancelled.
(2) I am cancelling arrivals of all foreign guests to the Faculty
(3) All employees returning from abroad, including private trips, must contact the HR
department before entering the workplace for the time period this measure is in effect.
(1) This measure is in effect until further notice.
(2) Interpretation of this directive is the responsibility of the Faculty Bursar.
(3) Exceptions to this measure shall be granted by the Dean.
(4) This Directive is effective on the day of its publishing.
Extraordinary call for project proposals - TA CR GAMA 2 COVID-19
In connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Technology Transfer Office launches an extraordinary call for Proof of Concept (PoC) project
proposals focused on the elimination of coronavirus spread. The financial support will be provided from the projekt Strengthening the system of
commercialization of R&D results at Masaryk University (TA CR GAMA 2).
Rector Martin Bareš summarizes the current situation at MUNI
In the regular video, the Rector of Masaryk University commemorates the beginning of the examination, the solution of the situation in the dormitories or the prepared law dealing with a non-standard semester.
MUNI dormitories: Students can log out at a distance. They get 70 percent discount
Masaryk University will help students who live at dormitories and who are affected by the current restrictions on movement and interruption of contact teaching. All these students will be able to check-out and move their belongings by April 11 or use the so-called remote technical check-out by e-mail by April 10.