Every year, the Milada Paulová Award aims to draw attention to the role and significant contribution of women in various fields. The intention of this year's announcement of the award is to support the work of women in the field of mathematics in the Czech research environment. The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports will appreciate the lifelong contribution of women to this scientific field in an effort to contribute to the visibility of those whose scientific work is the most important for the long-term development of the field. The award is associated with a financial award of CZK 250,000.
Conditions for nomination for the competition:
- scientist active in the field of mathematics,
- fundamental contribution to the development of the field,
- excellent professional and human qualities (team leadership, students, personal involvement, activities in the civic sphere, etc.),
- professional career, especially after 1990 (the possibilities of some women scientists were significantly limited under the previous regime - this fact will be reflected in the evaluation),
- professional activity mainly in the Czech Republic.
The nomination must be sent no later than September 10, but to send the nomination on behalf of the Rector, please send the documents by August 10, 2021. Further information can be found on the website of the Office for Doctoral Studies, Quality, Academic Affairs and Internationalization and on the website of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (in CZ).