About the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University
The Academic Senate of the Faculty of Science is a self-governing representative body of this Faculty's academic community. It consists of two chambers, a chamber of academic staff and a chamber of students. Under the Act on Higher Education Institutions, the Statute of Masaryk University (MU) and the Statute of the Faculty of Science, MU, the Senate:
- elects Dean of the Faculty,
- decides on the proposal of the Dean on the establishment, merger, division, or dissolution of individual organizational parts of the Faculty, i.e., especially departments,
- approves Faculty's strategic plan of the educational and creative activities,
- approves the budget of the Faculty for the given calendar year,
- approves annual reports on the Faculty's activities and management, approves internal regulations and other selected legislative standards of the Faculty.
The Senate decides on these agendas at its meetings, which usually take place every month during the semester. Senate meetings are public according to the Act on Higher Education Institutions. You can always find the invitation to the meeting and its program one week in advance on the Senate website.
Do not hesitate to contact any member of the Senate with any suggestions.