Letter from the Dean of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University regarding instructions during the autumn semester 2020/2021
Dear students, friends,
I am writing to you to provide important information before the start of the new academic year.
First of all, I want to assure you that the Faculty of Science's entire management is working intensively to ensure that instructions can be carried out at the faculty in the most productive and safe way, and you can start your studies in October. We are trying to maintain in-person teaching where possible with regard to applicable epidemiological regulations in the Czech Republic. In all our steps, we are also following guidelines of the Regional Department of Health and the Rector of Masaryk University recommendations, while considering the specific requirements for teaching at the faculty.
The basic rules valid for the current epidemiological situation are:
- The most up to date regulations for instructions and the faculty’s operation can be found on the faculty's website - sci.muni.cz
- You can find the currently valid general rules for the entire MU operations at a “university traffic-light system”
- Face masks are mandatory in all indoor areas of the Faculty of Science,
- Lectures and seminars will take place remotely (on-line) according to the published schedule and will be recorded in maximum practical level and stored in the IS
- Laboratory and experimental work will take place in person in the presence of no more than 15 people
- Other practical classes (including exercises) may take place with regard to current regulations by the Regional Dept of Health and MU
- Individual consultations can take place – after making arrangements with your instructor
- The examinations may take place in person in the presence of 10 persons in maximum
- In all situations, please fully respect the instructions of the individual instructors and your teachers and observe the current valid hygienic measures
- Individual visits to libraries and study rooms are allowed - for detailed information and hours of operation, see the libraries websites knihovna.sci.muni.cz for the Kotlářská campus and https://kuk.muni.cz for the Bohunice campus
As the epidemiological situation may change, the faculty’s management will provide you with the most up-to-date information and inform you about any changes. If you think you need more information about studying, please contact the office for the studies or the course guarantors.
I hope that you will start the new academic year with joy and determination, despite the unfavorable epidemiological situation. I welcome your interest in events and activities at our faculty. I believe in excellent cooperation with the Student Chamber of the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, in the same way, it was during the past spring. Autumn will certainly not be easy for all of us; therefore, I wish you good health, strong nerves, and please be careful.
doc. Mgr. Tomáš Kašparovský, Ph.D.
Dean of the Faculty of Science