Due to changes in the current epidemiological situation, the university escalation traffic light is, from Monday, October 12, 2020, switched to the red alert level. For more information, click here.
Mobile Spatial Data Acquisition for Real-Time Mapping
- Project Identification
- Project Period
- 7/2004 - 12/2007
- Investor / Pogramme / Project type
- Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- MU Faculty or unit
- Faculty of Science
- Ambient Mobile Inteligence, spatial data acquisition, COGO, GIS, real-time mapping, mobile communication tools, semantic-geometrical corrections, changes of thematic visualisation in real-time
- Cooperating Organization
Research Institute of Cartography
Lesprojekt sluzby Ltd.
The goal of the project is development of ambient mobile intelligence in
infrastructure implementation for spatial data acquisition. These
infrastructures shall be connected to distributed GIS with set of
services for intelligent data processing acquired from real-time survey
mapping. The research is aimed at drawing support of 4 key spatial data
acquisition methods using mobile communication tools:
- mapping of spatial configuration using component sketch system,
- in field mapping defined by mapper's mobility,
- change of thematic visualisation in relation to attribute modification
of thematic features in field,
- "on-line" photodocumentation filling to geodatabase for support of
subsequent off field mapping.
Designed system based on Open Source SW, complying to ISO, OGS and W3C
standards shall be created through analysis of cognitive mapping models
and data acquisition, modern techniques of cartographic visualisation on
mobile communication tools and web geodata services.
Total number of publications: 12