Novel organic pollutants from recycling of organic waste as risk factors for human exposure (NovelPol)
- Project Identification
- Project Period
- 1/2017 - 12/2021
- Investor / Pogramme / Project type
- Ostatní - foreign
- MU Faculty or unit
- Faculty of Science
- Cooperating Organization
Norwegian University of Life Sciences
The main objectives of the NovelPol project is to evaluate the risk for exposure from novel organic pollutants released from recycling of modern organic residues in agriculture on the environment and ultimately human exposure and to develop ways to avoid spreading of these pollutants. In addition, the potential of uncontrolled release and distribution pathways with potential for unwanted human exposure will be explored and characterized.
The NovelPol project will:
- Assess the potential for contaminant release via production of sustainable biogas products
- Identify potential sources for contamination (focus on organic pollutants) during sustainable biogas production
- Assess the production line and the entire life cycle of the relevant products with regard to environmental pollution and human exposure.
- Provide a first risk assessment for potential organic pollution form sustainable biogas production