Records of Study Abroad and Recognition of Courses

Every placement abroad as part of studies at MU longer than 14 days is considered a study stay or a traineeship. In both cases, this mobility must be part of the study and therefore recognized within the study at MU.

Recognition of foreign study stays and traineeships at the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University is governed by:

There is one person at each department responsible for recognition of students' stays abroad at the given department. These are the so-called department coordinators, i.e. 
the persons authorised in accordance with the provisions of Art. 3 (4) and Art. 7 (4) of MU Directive No. 8/2011,
Rules for Recognition of Credits from Foreign Study and Occupational Stays of Students of Masaryk University

More detailed information can be found on the website of the Centre for International Cooperation.

Before departure - Creating a record of a stay

1) Complete the Learning Agreement if you are going on a study placement or the Training Agreement if you are going on an internship. These documents, signed by the coordinators at the respective departments, are then used for the recognition of the placement upon your return.

In the case of the internships, usually, 5 credits are awarded per month of the internship - discuss this with your departmental coordinator!

2) Before leaving for your stay abroad, create a new record of your stay in IS and upload the required documents with all signatures
-> Use the application Internship and stays in IS
-> create a new record and fill in the required data and document:
In the Erasmus+ programme, these documents are the Learning Agreement for study placements or the Learning Agreement for Traineeships for work placements.
For other stays (via different programmes), the Learning Agreement or Training Agreement documents are used.

More detailed guidance can be found here.

3) Make the most of your stay!


Upon arrival - Recognition of stay

After returning from the placement, the Confirmation of Study Period and Transcript of records scan for the study stay must be uploaded to the IS placement record, or Confirmation of Placement for an internship.

How do I get credit for my study placement courses? 
Study stay: in the Internship Record, you upload the Confirmation of Study Period and Transcript of records, enter the completed courses taken at the foreign institution according to the completed Learning Agreement, see here. You will then apply for recognition.

In the case of an internship, at our faculty, you usually apply for recognition of the course XD110 Placement Abroad (but! some departments use their own course with different code - always discuss this with your department coordinator when preparing the TA), see here. Do not forget to upload the Confirmation of Placement as well!

Apply for recognition as soon as you can, at the latest within one month of receiving your transcript of marks or completing your internship!

Are you lost?

Contact the department coordinator for advice on course selection or preparing the documents.
For recognition, contact your study officer.

Office for Doctoral Studies, Quality, Academic Affairs and Internationalization

Bc. Valeriia Denysenko

Phone: +420 549 49 3149

You are running an old browser version. We recommend updating your browser to its latest version.