Announcement of elections to the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University for the term of office 2020–2023
including the schedule of tasks and deadlines.
Dear colleagues, dear academic staff and students of the Faculty of Science,
in accordance with the Electoral Rules of the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University (hereinafter referred to as the "Electoral Rules"), I hereby announce elections to the Academic Senate of the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University (hereinafter referred to as the "Senate") for the term of office from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2023 and set this schedule of tasks and deadlines:
- April 24, 2020: publication of the announcement of elections on the website of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, and in the application of the Information System of Masaryk University E-elections (hereinafter referred to as the "Application")
- no later than May 1, 2020 (inclusive): access to the voter lists through the Application
- from May 1, 2020 to May 23, 2020 (inclusive): acceptance of candidatures by the Electoral and Mandate Commission of the Senate (according to Article 9 of the Electoral Rules)
- no later than May 28, 2020, but not earlier than May 25, 2020: publication of election programs and candidates' declarations in the Application and on the website of the Faculty of Science
- from June 5, 2020 to June 18, 2020 (inclusive): voting (according to Article 11 of the Electoral Rules) held through the Application.
Elections are organized and managed in accordance with the Electoral Rules by the Electoral and Mandate Commission of the Senate. For communication with this commission, use exclusively electronic mail sent via the Masaryk University Information System to the e-mail address email@example.com (Article 1, paragraph 3 of the Electoral Rules).
I believe that you will seize the opportunity to influence the targeting of our faculty, either through your own candidacy or through the judicious choice of your representatives in Senate, the highest representative body of the faculty academic self-government.
In Brno, April 24, 2020
RNDr. Milan Baláž, Ph.D.
Chairman of the Senate
Elections to the Academic Senate are taking place
from June 5 to June 18, 11 PM.