The public lecture takes place after the habilitation/evaluation board (and the opponents) was appointed. However, its date has nothing to do with the work of the opponents, it can take place in parallel. The topic of the public lecture will be selected by the board from the three proposals of the applicant listed in Annex 1. All communication regarding this event is agreed upon between the applicant and the chairman of the board.
Information about the lecture is usually published on the institute's website so that interested members of the public can attend. The lecture must be attended by at least 3 members of the board so that it can be evaluated in writing. It is always necessary to create an attendance list of all present listeners from the event.
ONLINE PUBLIC LECTURES
At this time, when the possibility of full-time participation of a larger number of participants in public lectures is limited, we recommend proceeding as follows:
1) Public lecture in online mode – preferred option
The lecture takes place online via MS Teams, Zoom or another tool. The link to the online public lecture is usually published by the chairman on the institute's website, further at its discretion.
Formalities include providing an attendance list, which is a list of people connected online. The lecture is attended by at least 3 members of the board. After the lecture is finished, the chairman fills in Annex No. 11 – Public lecture evaluation, stating in what form the lecture was realized and also the fact that it was attended by another min. 2 members of the board who agree with its evaluation. The annex is signed only by the chairman.
2) Public lecture in hybrid mode
The lecture is attended by a maximum of 10 people (including the candidate) in a sufficiently large room, and at the same time, an online transmission via MS Teams, Zoom, or another tool is provided. The link to the online public lecture is usually published by the chairman of the board on the institute's website, further at its discretion. The applicant does not have to wear a face mask during the presentation, the others in the room do have to wear it.
The formal requirements include providing an attendance list with the signatures of the people physically present in the room, and a second attendance list, which is a list of people connected online. At least 3 members of the board attend the lecture in person or online. After the lecture is finished, the chairman fills in Annex No. 11 – Public lecture evaluation, stating in what form the lecture was realized and also the fact that it was attended by another min. 2 members of the board who agree with its evaluation. The annex is signed only by the chairman.
Scientific Board of the Faculty of Science
- Once all the necessary steps have been taken in the given procedure, it is possible to forward the application to the Scientific Board of the faculty. The meeting shall be attended by the applicant, members of the Scientific Board, the Chairman of the Board, and eventually the public (guests).
- The procedure is initiated by the chairman, who briefly introduces the candidate and provides summary information on the board's vote.
- This is followed by a lecture provided by the applicant, which lasts 15 minutes and during which the applicant should prove his scientific and pedagogical competence in the field.
- After the lecture, in the case of the habilitation procedure, the chairman comments on the opponents' opinions and selects 2 questions from their reviews, to which the applicant responds.
- Following is a discussion in which the members of the Scientific Board ask questions to the applicant.
- After a public debate, there is a non-public discussion (between SB members) which ends with a secret ballot.
- The Dean announces the result of the vote to the applicant – the proposal is either forwarded, or the procedure is terminated.